- Time-limit to avail ITC u/s 16(4) extended till 30th November of next year from 30th September.
- Additional Condition for availment of ITC u/s 16(2)- ITC can be availed only if the same is not restricted.
- Composition Tax Payer’s Registration can be cancelled suo-moto if they have not filed their GSTR-4 return beyond 3 months from the due date.
- Credit Notes in respect of supply made in a financial year can be issued by 30th November of next financial year (currently allowed till 30th September)
- Any rectification of error in GSTR-1/ GSTR-3B is now permitted till 30th November of next financial year (currently allowed till 30th September).
- The two-way communication process in filing GST returns is scrapped. (GSTR-2 and 3)
- The due date for filing return by non-resident taxable person is prescribed as 13th day of next month
- Section 41 of the CGST Act is being substituted so as to do away with the concept of “claim” of ITC on a “provisional” basis.
- Section 47 of the CGST Act is being amended so as to provide for levy of late fee for delayed filing of TCS returns.
- Section 49 of the CGST Act is being amended so as to provide for restrictions for utilizing the amount available in the electronic credit ledger.
- Section 49 of the CGST Act is being amended so as to allow transfer of amount available in E- cash ledger of a registered person to the E- cash ledger of a distinct person;
- Section 49 of the CGST Act is being amended so as to provide for prescribing the maximum proportion of output tax liability which may be discharged through the electronic credit ledger
- Section 50(3) of the CGST Act is being substituted retrospectively, with effect from the 1st July, 2017, so as to provide for levy of interest on input tax credit wrongly availed and utilized. (Meaning thereby Interest will not be levied if ITC is not utilized)
Team- Intellex Strategic Consulting Pvt Ltd
Intellexconsulting.com, Economiclawpractice.com, Venturestreets.com, BuySellMergers.com, Venturestreets.com