A. Amnesty Scheme, 2023 for GST
Dept (For Pre-GST Laws) :—
Complete waiver of the arrears in cases where arrears are
Rs. 2,00,000/- or less per year.
Dealers having arrears up to Rs. 50 lakhs or less per statutory order will pay only 20% amount and balance 80% will be waived.
B. Professional Tax:
- Female employees drawing monthly salary up to 25000/-
will be exempted from Profession Tax.
- The definition of ‘Person with Disability’ in the Profession Tax Act is proposed to be amended.
C. VAT Rate Changes
Reduction of VAT rate on ATF from 25% to 18% in Mumbai,
Pune and Raigad districts.
D. Benefits to the Farmers
- Farmers to get Rs 12,000 honorarium per year.
- Only INR 1/- would be required to pay for Peek Vima instead of existing 2% of the premium amount.
- Free accommodation, lunch and other related facilities provided at Krushi Markets.
- E-punchanama through mobiles, Drones etc. can be done.
E. Health Insurance Coverage
The coverage of the Mahatma Phule Jan Arogya scheme, a health insurance scheme of the government, has been raised from Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh.
F. Students Scholarship
Rs 1,000 to Rs 5,000 for students of Class 5 to Class 7 Rs 1,500 to Rs 7,500 for students of Class 8 to Class 10 Uniforms will be provided free of charge to students of all categories up to Class 8 in local body and government schools.
G. Unorganised Workers
Social security benefits and welfare schemes will be provided. Maharashtra State Auto Rickshaw Taxi Driver-Owner Welfare Corporation will be established.
H. Gems and Jewellery
State government will soon announce new gems and jewellery policy. State to set up plan in Navi Mumbai.
I. Ration Kit benefits to Poor Citizens
Poor citizens to be provided with Anand Shida (free ration kit) on the occasion of Gudi Padwa and Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar’s birth anniversary.
J. Financial Aid for Girl Child – INR 1,00,000/-
Families having yellow and orange ration cards to get Rs 5,000 after birth of child, Rs 4,000 after Class 4, Rs 6,000 after Class 6 and Rs 8,000 after Class 11. Rs 75,000 will be given to the beneficiary girl after she attains the age of 18 years.
K. Benefits for women’s:
- Women to get 50% discount in state transport buses.
- 1% discount on stamp duty.
- Shakti Sadan’, a new scheme to provide shelter to women in distress, liberated from sexual exploitation or facing domestic violence.
L. Hospitals – APLA DHAWAKHANA : 700 Apla Dawakhana dispensaries will be started in the entire state in the name of late Balasaheb Thackeray.
Team- Intellex Strategic Consulting Private Limited
www.intellexconsulting.com, www.economiclawpractice.com, www.buysellmergers.com, www.yuvamorcha.com